The Cellar

100 Word Challenge:  Week #24 You have five words that MUST be included in your writing so you can use 105 words only! The words are:  Carefully   Fifty   Spider   White   Pushed

——————————-

I sit there silently pushed up against the wall, as the stairs to the cellar creak loudly. Somebody is coming to get me, I think to myself.

Then all of a sudden, I feel tiny legs crawling up my bare arms. I freeze up and look at what is crawling up my arm to find not just one spider but fifty white ones. If I scream the person will know that I’m down here hiding.

I hold in the scream, but carefully change the position of my body so that I am more hidden. But these spiders begin to crawl up to my face; slowly.

Post to Twitter

2 thoughts on “The Cellar

1. Hello from England, Sophia! What a fantastic 100wc – I will share it with my class next week. You used the prompt really well to create a frankly terrifying piece of writing – you are clearly a very talented author! Writing in the first person really grabs the reader’s attention and lets them share your character’s fear.
    Am I right in thinking your school’s in Alaska? We’re in Shrewsbury, England and our blog address is http://www.ashclassgreenfields.blogspot.com
    Keep on blogging!
    Mr Kenyon (Team 100wc)
    ps – my wife is going to Alaska soon to climb Mt Denali/McKinlay! Small world!