Five Whys of Creative Writing

1.Why am I taking creative writing?

So that I can be a better and a stronger writer.

2. Why do you want to be a better and a stronger writer?

So that whenever I write that the whole piece will flow easily and the transactions are smooth.

3. Why do you want to write that the whole piece will flow easily and the transactions are smooth?

Because I want my writing to be easy to read and yet understandable.

4. Why do you want your writing to be easy to read and yet understandable?

Because I want to my writing to be interesting.

5. Why do you want your writing to be interesting?

Because I just do.

Why is writing important? Well for one, nobody can really get anywhere in life without writing something whether it’s an email to a friend or filling out a job resume. Almost everyone has tried to write a short story, a novel, or even poetry. Some hoping to make a living off of it, but they usually stop once they think they aren’t a good enough writer. Carl Sandburg said, “I knew I would read all kinds of books and try to get at what it is that makes good writers good. But I made no promises that I would write books a lot of people would like to read.”

This quote reminds me of creative writing. Currently everyone has tried at least once to write something, and I know people who still are. They write stories that they would love to read but there are some people who read it and don’t like it. All authors write something that would peak their interest, but everyone has different interests when it comes to reading or writing.

I take the creative writing class because it peaks my interest as a reader and a writer. This class will help my writing flow more smoothly, like how the story should flow. This also allows me to get my imagination out there in an interesting way that maybe someone will be interested in. I am writing a bunch of short stories and poetry, I have enjoyed writing all that I have though. I don’t know very many people who are interested in my writing but I am to make my writing more interesting, more vivid, as if it was a movie on the big screens.

I’ve read all sorts of books, necessarily some that no one else has like to read but as they say, Don’t judge a book by its cover.

Post to Twitter